Web Analytics

Overheated e-cigarette charger at house in Denham required the attention of firefighters

| August 20, 2019

Firefighters attended a house in Denham, South Buckinghamshire during the late evening of Monday 19th August 2019.

At 11.37pm firefighters were called to a property in Courtfield Gardens, Denham following reports of a house fire. However when the firefighters arrived at the scene there was no sign of fire.

A smoke alarm had woken the occupants who had evacuated the property.

Using a thermal imaging camera the firefighters identified an overheated e-cigarette charger that had been left on a wooden surface. The firefighters  removed the charger from the house, ventilated the property and provided advice to the occupants.

One fire appliance with crew from Gerrards Cross fire station and one from Hillingdon fire station attended the incident.

*Source of article : Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service ‘Latest Incidents’.

Advertisement :
High Wycombe Christmas In High Wycombe

Comments are closed.