Due to a landslip trains are not running between Leamington Spa and Banbury. Chiltern Railways are advising customers north of Banbury to use Virgin Trains between London Euston and Birmingham New Street.
Network Rail engineers are working throughout the night and tomorrow to stabilise the area.
Chiltern Railways travel advice for Saturday 15 February:
- One Chilterns Railways train an hour will run between Birmingham Moor Street and Leamington Spa departing Birmingham at 15mins past the hour.
- One Chilterns Railways train an hour will run between Banbury and London Marylebone departing London Marylebone at 09 and 36 minutes past the hour.
- Last minute delays and cancellations are to be expected.
- If you are travelling north of Banbury, Chiltern Railways are advising you to travel with Virgin Trains between London Euston and Birmingham New Street and then take services south.
- If you are going to Stratford-upon-Avon, services terminate at Banbury and bus service is runing between Banbury and Stratford-upon-Avon.
A bus replacement service will be in operation between Banbury and Leamington Spa and Cross Country are running a bus replacement service between Coventry, Leamington Spa and Banbury.
People holding super off peak and advance tickets can travel on any train.
*The above information was correct at 16.58pm on Friday 14th Februay 2014. Please consult the Chiltern Railways website for further information.