A consultation has opened following proposed changes by the Post Office to services and opening hours of Longwick Post Office in Princes Risborough.
The consultation will run until 21st May 2014 with the proposed changes coming in to effect in June 2014. Comments can be made direct to the Post Office using the special online consultation form. Questionnaires are also available in Longwick Post Office.
The proposed changes are:
- “Post Office services would be offered from a till on the retail counter in a modern branch instead of the separate screened counter”
- “If the change goes ahead the branch would be open for longer: Monday to Friday 5.30am to 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 5.30am to 1pm. (Current opening times are: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9 am to 12.30pm)”
- “You’ll still have most of the Post Office products and services you’re used to but some services will no longer be available at this branch. These services are currently available at the branch listed overleaf, and some products, like travel insurance, are available online or by telephone. Please look over the page for details of product availability”
- “Your branch may need to close for approximately three days during June 2014 while the refurbishment takes place”
The Post Office would like to hear your views, particularly:
- “Why do you use this Post Office and what do you like about it?”
- “Do you have any comments about the changes to the branch? For example, the Post Office till would be on the retail counter in your newly modernised branch, therefore are there any measures you would like to see in place about the proposed location of the Post Office till or the queuing area.”
- “Do you have any comments about any changes to the opening hours?”
- “Do you have any comments about how you will access the Post Office products and services that will no longer be available at the branch if the change goes ahead?”
- “Do you have any comments about the potential closure period during the refurbishment or access to other branches in the area?”