Web Analytics

Scout hut caught fire in Hazlemere

| July 13, 2014

Fire broke out in a Scout hut in Beaumont Way, Hazlemere on the evening of Sunday 13th July 2014.

Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue service were alerted to the fire at 7.26pm. Three fire appliances and crews were duly despatched to attend to the blaze.

During the incident firefighters used two jets to extinguish the fire.

The scout hut is used by the 11th High Wycombe Scout Group and the 11th High Wycombe Beavers.

The building was virtually destroyed in the fire with a large section of the roof burnt through, windows burnt out and blackening to the brickwork. The brick walls of the building are however still standing.

Police are investigating the incident which is being treated as suspicious. Arson is being considered as a possible cause of the fire.

Advertisement (Links to external site) :

Advertisement (Links to external site) :

Comments are closed.