‘Switch on and Shop’ is the title for the 2014 Christmas lights switch on in Marlow which will take place on Thursday 20th November 2014.
The event starts at 6.00pm with Celebrity chef Tom Kerridge switching on the lights from the top of a double decker bus at 6.30pm outside The Chequers in Marlow High Street.
Marlow FM and the Next Stage choir will be providing entertainment. All day free parking will be on offer in the towns car parks with shops staying open late to give everyone the chance to do some late night Christmas shopping.
The High Street will be closed to traffic between 6.00pm and 7.00pm.
Shops staying open late and offering exciting promotions and discounts include :
- Mooch, Crown Lane : Free drinks, discounts and a chance to win a voucher
- Sarah Hughes, West Street : Vintage mulled wine, home made mince pies
- Landmark, West Street : Lucky Dip with vouchers to be won
- Pure, High Street : 20%off, Prize Draw, bubbly and mince pies
- East, High Street
- Huttons, High Street : Bubbly and nibbles and Prize Draw
- La Cotonniere de Marlow, High Street : 10% discount
- Moda in Pelle, Market Square
- Vintage Boutique, Spittal Street
- Susie Watson Designs, High Street : Champagne, mince pies and discounts up to 15%
- Beehive Treats, Spittal Street
- Cath Kidston, Market Square
- Jigsaw, High Street : Come and pull a cracker at Jigsaw, geared for mums and children alike, while the mums browse the children can enjoy some Christmas colouring or pull a cracker!
- Mistral, High Street
- Ceremony, Liston Court
- The White Stuff, High Street
Further information can be found on the Marlow Town Council website.