Web Analytics

Woman given oxygen following kitchen fire in Bourne End

| December 30, 2014

Fire broke out in the kitchen of a flat in Furlong Road, Bourne End during the afternoon of Tuesday 30th December 2014.

At 1.13pm firefighters were alerted to the incident and two fire appliances with crews were despatched to the scene. Both Beaconsfield and High Wycombe fire station each provided one fire appliance with crew to the incident.

The fire is believed to have been caused because a grill was accidentally turned up instead of being turned off after cooking.

Firefighters used one hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus, a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan and a thermal imaging camera during the operation to extinguish the fire.

Oxygen was given to a woman who was suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke.

Comments are closed.