Wycombe District Council are to hold a series of public workshops from January 2015 to March 2015 on the towns reserve sites following the Cabinet’s decision to release the sites for development.
An independent consultancy has been appointed to run the workshops. The workshops will be all day events and will all be held on Saturdays from 10.00am to 4.30pm.
The dates for the workshops are:
- Gomm Valley and Ashwells: Saturday 3st January 2015 at Highcrest Academy, Hatters Lane.
- Terriers Farm: Saturday 7th February 2015 at Holy Trinity Church in Hazlemere.
- Abbey Barn South and Abbey Barn North: Saturday 28th February 2015 at John Hampden School, High Wycombe.
- High Wycombe – Infrastructure: Saturday 7th March 2015 at Bucks New University, High Wycombe.
- Slate Meadow: Saturday 14th March at the Community Centre, Bourne End.
Anyone wishing to register for one of the workshops can do so by e-mailing [email protected] or by contact Riccardo Bobisse on 0203 290 8979.
Reserve sites are pieces of land not in the Green Belt but at the edges of towns and villages that have previously been identified to help cater for future growth. They are also ‘greenfield sites’ which means they haven’t been built on before.
The sites have been identified as being able to help to provide space for new homes, jobs and amenities for local communities. The Council expects to see these sites developed in the next few years.