Web Analytics

Aylesbury firefighters rescue dragon following fire

| August 3, 2015

Firefighters from Aylesbury fire station saved a bearded dragon following a small fire in a reptile tank in the bedroom of a property in Elmhurst Road, Aylesbury on Monday 3rd August 2015.

A lamp in reptile tank dropping on to the sawdust on the tank floor is the suspected cause of the fire.

At 12.53pm two fire appliances with crews were despatched to the incident from Aylesbury fire station.

The reptile tank was 50% damaged by fire and the bedroom was smoke logged. A Positive Pressure Ventilation fan was used by the firefighters at the scene.

The firefighters gave the bearded dragon oxygen.

Comments are closed.