Web Analytics

Wycombe Wanderers 4-3 Carlisle United

| February 3, 2018

Carlisle United visited at Adams Park on Saturday 3rd February 2018 for a League Two match against Wycombe Wanderers.

Wycombe started the match with two attempts on goal by Adebayo Akinfenwa before the second minute of the match had ended. Both attempts were denied but it showed the determination and effort that Wycombe were putting into the game.

In the twenty eighth minute Wycombe scored their first goal when Matt Bloomfield placed a right footed shot from very close range into the bottom left corner of the Carlisle goal.

The Chairboys scored again in the thirty first minute when Luke O’Nien also placed a very close range shot into the bottom left corner of the Carlisle net.

In the forty eighth minute a shot on the Wycombe goal by Kris Twardek hit the arm of Luke O’Nien who was standing on the goal line. O’Nein was shown the red card reducing Wycombe to ten men. Danny Grainger converted the penalty for Carlisle, his shoot finding the centre of the Wycombe goal.

Wycombe were handed a penalty kick in the sixty first minute when Jack Bonham fouled Wycombe’s Nathan Tyson. Joe Jacobson stepped forward to take the penalty however his shot was saved.

The score line was levelled in the sixty eighth minute when Jamie Devitt headed in to the bottom right corner of the Wycombe goal.

Just two minutes later Carlisle took the lead following a free kick which Cole Stockton headed into the top right corner of Wycombe’s goal.

It was looking as if Wycombe were going to be defeated but in the third minute of injury time Paris Cowan-Hall headed into the bottom left corner of the Carlisle goal from very close range.

The score may have been level at three goals apiece but in the last few moments of the match, and the sixth minute of injury time, Marcus Bean shot from outside the box to find the bottom left corner of the Carlisle goal giving Wycombe the win with a thrilling conclusion to a game that throughout was fast paced and highly entertaining.

The match stats show Wycombe achieved 53% possession, of their seventeen shots on goal ten were on target. Carlisle placed six of their thirteen shots on goal on target. The match saw thirty fouls, eighteen by Wycombe and twelve by Carlisle.

Following today’s game Wycombe remain in second place in League Two with fifty five points from thirty games.

The attendance at Adams Park was 4,145.

Advertisement (Links to external site) :

Advertisement (Links to external site) :

Comments are closed.