Train services to London Marylebone suspended between Wembley Stadium and Gerrards Cross on Sun 18th Nov 2018
Please note the planned work has now been cancelled and services will operate as normal.
The text of this article originally read as follows :
There is to be a major change to train services into London Marylebone (via the High Wycombe and Wembley Stadium line) on Sunday 18th November 2018.
For one day the line between Wembley Stadium and Gerrards Cross will be closed to allow Network Rail to prepare the way for HS2. The work is part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan.
At 2.00pm on Sunday 18th November 2018 there is also a football match at Wembley Stadium between England and Croatia.
An amended timetable will operate on Chiltern Railways services all day resulting in some journeys taking much longer than usual and some passengers may need to change trains to reach their final destination.
Customers are being advised to check their journey before travelling, be patient and allow plenty of extra time as journey times will be longer than usual.
The changes to service are as follows :
- Trains will operate to an amended timetable on the Marylebone / Amersham / Aylesbury Vale Parkway route.
- Leamington Spa / Stratford-Upon-Avon services will operate as normal.
- Leamington Spa / Birmingham Moor Street stopping services will operate as normal.
The following is a summary of recommended routes to and from London on Sunday 18th November 2018.
- Wembley Stadium : Limited train service before and after event (serving Marylebone ONLY).
- Northolt Park : Use London Underground Central Line from Northolt.
- South Ruislip & West Ruislip : Use London Underground Central Line.
- Denham & Gerrards Cross : Bus to Hillingdon; London Underground Metropolitan Line to Baker Street.
- Seer Green & Beaconsfield : Train to Gerrards Cross then bus to Hillingdon and London Underground Metropolitan Line to Baker Street.
- High Wycombe : Bus to Amersham then train to Marylebone.
- Saunderton & Haddenham & Thame Parkway : Train to High Wycombe; bus to Amersham then train to Marylebone.
- Princes Risborough, Bicester North and stations to Birmingham : Train to Marylebone (diverted via Aylesbury).
- Monks Risborough & Little Kimble : Bus to Aylesbury then train to Marylebone.
- Bicester Village : Bus to Aylesbury Vale Parkway then train to Marylebone.
- Islip & Oxford Parkway: Train to Oxford then Great Western Railway services to/from Paddington.
- Oxford : Use Great Western Railway services to/from Paddington.
Anyone travelling to Wembley Stadium for the England vs Croatia match at 2.00pm is advised that no trains will operate from the High Wycombe line to Wembley Stadium. Anyone travelling to Wembley from the north is advised to use London Underground Metropolitan Line services from Amersham to Wembley Park. A limited train service will operate between London Marylebone and Wembley Stadium before and after the event.
Further information is available on the Chiltern Railways website.