Web Analytics

House caught fire in Aylesbury

| January 13, 2019

A house caught fire in Hazlehurst Drive, Aylesbury during the early hours of Sunday 13th January 2019.

Firefighters were called to the incident at 2.01am. Three fire appliances with crews attended from Aylesbury fire station as well as one from High Wycombe fire station. The British Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service vehicle based at Bletchley Fire Station and an officer also attended.

Two hose reels, six sets of breathing apparatus, two fans, a thermal imaging camera and a tool kit were used by the firefighters during the operation to extinguish the fire.

The first floor and roof space of the house were severely damaged by fire and the ground floor was 25% damaged by smoke and water.

A man suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke was left in the care of South Central Ambulance Service.

Comments are closed.