Week commencing Monday 4th March 2019 the following Bus Stop closures and diversions are expected to affect bus services in Buckinghamshire.
Church Street, Marsh Gibbon : Thursday 29th November 2018 to Friday 15th March 2019. Due to Thames Water main replacement works this road will be closed and route 18 will need to divert. The nearest served bus stops are on Bicester Road, alternatively passengers can wait on Millfield Avenue and hail clearly to the driver.
Rayners Avenue / Robinson Road : High Wycombe, Friday 15th February to Tuesday 12th March 2019. Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire Footway works Rayners Avenue will be closed during this period. As such route 27 will need to divert via the A40 London Road and will not be able to serve the stops on Robinson Road, during this time.
Castle Street, High Wycombe : Friday 15 February to Friday 15th March 2019. Due to Cadent Gas works the outbound (towards Amersham Hill) side of the carriageway will be closed. As such buses will not serve Stop V. Buses will divert via Corporation Street, High Street and Crendon Street. There will also be a stop suspension at the inbound stop (W) between 6 to 11 March, please see stop suspensions below.
Bryant’s Bottom Road, Bryant’s Bottom : Thursday 21st February to Wednesday 6th March 2019 (except weekends). Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire re-surfacing works this road will be closed and buses will divert.
From Monday 25th February to Wednesday 6th March 2019 buses will serve Speen as usually then travel up Great Hampden Road, turning left at Pink Road and then back into High Wycombe and Hughenden via Lacey Green and Naphill. Passengers are advised of the following (example times as for school times).
- For passengers using ‘The Hampden Arms PH’ stops in Gt Hampden, they are advised to stop where safe on Hampden Road (between Bryant’s Bottom Road and the junction with Pink Road).
- Passengers boarding at Warrendene Road are advised to use ‘The Harrow PH’ stops on Valley Road travelling towards Speen at 7:21am.
- The Valley Road stops ‘The Harrow PH’ and ‘Trees Road’ will be served north bound only (towards Speen). Passengers are advised to either travel in this direction leaving ‘The Harrow PH’ at 7.21am or catch the bus from the opposite ‘Coombe Lane’ stops further along Valley Road.
Lark Vale / Cleveland Road / Watermeadow, Aylesbury : Monday 25th February to Friday 8th March 2019 (except weekends). Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire bollard replacement works routes 6 and 7 will need to divert. After serving Dunsham Lane buses will turn left onto the Elmhurst Road and then right up Buckingham Road into Watermead, turning at the Watermeadow stops near the pub. As such Cleveland Road, Lark Vale, Partridge Way and the ‘Gull Way’ stops on Watermeadow will not be served.
Mill Road, Shabbington : Affecting all of route 110, Monday 4th to Friday 8th March 2019. Due to this road closure Redline Buses service 110 will operate to an alternative timetable with some journeys running earlier. Passengers are advised that the changes are as follows:
- The 0646 from Cuddington to Worminghall will need to depart at 0635 and run earlier throughout.
- The journeys to Aylesbury Schools will need to run earlier between Worminghall and Thame and will return to these same points later than usual.
- The 0907 journey from Worminghall, the 1420 journey from Aylesbury and journeys to and from Lord Williams Schools, Thame will not be affected.
- The 1015 journey from Aylesbury will arrive later at points beyond Thame.
- The 1107 journey from Worminghall will run 6 minutes later throughout.
- The 1215 journey from Aylesbury will need to run later throughout and serve Carters Lane both before and after Thame, to replace the current 1325 journey between Thame and Long Crendon.
- The 1307 journey from Worminghall will need to run direct between Shabbington and Chearsley and not serve Thame, meaning there will be no lunchtime journey from Thame to Chearsley or Cuddington. Passengers who normally use this journey from Thame to Long Crendon at 1325 should use the 1255 journey from Thame towards Worminghall instead, which will be diverted to serve Carters Lane.
- The 1659 journey from Worminghall will need to depart at 1705 and run later throughout.
Bus Stop Suspensions
Aylesbury Road, Aston Clinton : Monday 4th March 2019, 9.30am to 5.00pm. Due to Thames Water works in the vicinity both the ‘Vatch’ stops will be suspended at these times. Passengers are advised to use the stops further along Aylesbury Road nearer the centre of Aston Clinton.
Fulmer Road, Gerrards Cross : Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th March 2019. Due to Affinity Water works the ‘Fulmer Drive’ stop for services towards Fulmer will be suspended on this day. Passengers are advised to use the stops at ‘Oldhouse Farm’ or ‘St Huberts Close’ instead.
Meadowcroft, Aylesbury : Tuesday 5th March 2019, 10am to 2.00pm. Due to works on behalf of T mobile the John Kennedy PH stop will be suspended between these hours. Passengers are advised to use the stop further up Meadowcroft near the junction with Belgrave Road for route 5 and the stops on Quarrendon Avenue for routes 2 and 3.
Castle Street, High Wycombe : Wednesday 6th to Monday 11th March 2019. Due to works on behalf of Cadent Gas the inbound stop W will be suspended between these dates and passengers will need to use the stop on Oxford Street or the railway station instead. Outbound buses will be diverting until Friday 15th March 2019and therefore stop V will not be served either (see Bus Diversions above) for details.