Web Analytics

New system launched to report problems on public footpaths, bridleways and byways in Buckinghamshire

| March 27, 2019

A new system has been launched to report damage and obstructions on Buckinghamshire’s 2,000 miles of public footpaths, bridleways and byways.

The new Countryside Access Management (CAM) system will allow walkers and horse riders can report items like broken stiles, overgrown vegetation or fallen trees, damaged bridges or path surfaces or even damaged or missing signposts and way marks.

Reports received can then be prioritised and dealt with as quickly as possible. Not only will the system provide feedback on progress to the customer, it will also say if the problem has already been reported. The system also allows volunteers to sign up to help deal with reported problems.

Bill Chapple OBE, Cabinet Member for Planning and Environment, said: ‘With such an extensive network of paths, bridleways and byways, this is probably the quickest way to let us know about issues. With each path number logged on the system, it’s easy for people to drop an electronic marker pin by the location of the problem on the detailed maps provided. We can then take it from there and sort things out.

We already have our Fix my Street service for issues on roads and pavements, so its great that we have added this bespoke system for all our rights of way.

We pride ourselves on the quality and usability of our entire network, and this exciting addition will make sure we can get reported problems dealt with as quickly as possible.

The introduction of the new facility followed feedback from both the Buckinghamshire Local Access Forum and the Bucks Rights of Way Liaison Group who both suggested keeping customers more up-to-date and informed about progress with rectifying problems.

The new reporting tool is available at https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/environment/public-rights-of-way/report-a-rights-of-way-issue/ or by visiting www.buckscc.gov.uk and search for ‘rights of way’. To report an issue you will need to log in and then select the ‘Report an issue’ menu item. If you are using the new system for the first time you will need to register.

Comments are closed.