Overnight road improvement work will take place in Queen Victoria Road, Easton Street and Abbey Way in High Wycombe starting on Monday 1st April 2019.
Buckinghamshire County Council contractors will spend the week removing old road surfaces and laying a new foundation layer as part of town centre improvements under the High Wycombe Masterplan scheme.
Work will be done between 8.00pm and 6.00am and the following roads will be closed :
- Monday 1st April 2019 : Queen Victoria Road between Abbey Way roundabout and High Street junction.
- Tuesday 2nd April 2019 : High Street/Easton Street junction.
- Wednesday and Thursday 3rd and 4th April 2019 : Easton Street between High Street junction and Abbey Way junction.
- Friday 5th April 2019 : Abbey Way junction with Easton Street (Westbound lanes towards Loudwater).
- Saturday 6th April 2019 : Abbey Way junction with Easton Street (Eastbound lanes towards the town centre).
Advance notices and diversion signs are already in place. Final resurfacing works on these roads and junctions and converting Queen Victoria Road and Easton Street to two way traffic are scheduled for early May 2019.
David Johncock, Wycombe District Council Cabinet Member for Planning and Sustainability, said: ‘I am really pleased to see this project nearing completion and, to mitigate traffic congestion, we are undertaking these works overnight. However, the closures won’t start until 8pm so that the busiest commuter trains will have arrived into High Wycombe by then.
As with any road closure there will be some disruption and we ask motorists to plan their journey in advance. Nonetheless, I would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused, which we’ll try to keep to an absolute minimum.‘