The railway line from High Wycombe to London Marylebone will be closed on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th May 2019.
The line closure is due to Network Rail engineering work in the Beaconsfield area, which means there will be no trains from High Wycombe to London Marylebone while the work takes place.
Chiltern Railways will be running a heavily amended timetable with replacement bus services. As a result journey times will be considerably longer than usual.
Chiltern Railways services will operate train services as follows (in both directions) :
- 1 train per hour from Marylebone to Bicester North, Banbury and stations to Birmingham Moor Street (diverted via Aylesbury).
- 1 train per hour from High Wycombe to stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 trains per hour from High Wycombe to stations to Oxford.
- Periodic service from Leamington Spa to stations to Stratford Upon Avon.
- Periodic service from Leamington Spa to stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 trains per hour from Marylebone to Aylesbury Vale Parkway (via Amersham).
- 1 train per hour from Marylebone to Aylesbury (via Amersham).
Rail Replacement bus services will operate as follows (in both directions) :
- 2 buses per hour from Aylesbury Vale Parkway to Bicester Village.
- 2 buses per hour from High Wycombe to Amersham.
- 4 buses per hour from High Wycombe to stations to Hillingdon/West Ruislip (London Underground connections).
- 1 buses per hour from Princes Risborough to stations to Aylesbury.
On Saturday 11th May 2019 the National League Promotion Final will take place at Wembley Stadium, however due to the engineering work and line closure no trains will sere Wembley Stadium. Anyone travelling to Wembley stadium is advised to use the Metropolitan line or Bakerloo Line to Wembley Park.
Further information is available on the Chiltern Railways website.