The railway line from Gerrards Cross to London Marylebone will be closed on Sunday 9th June 2019.
The line closure is due to Network Rail engineering work at Wembley Stadium, which means there will be no trains from High Wycombe to London Marylebone while the work takes place.
Chiltern Railways will be running a heavily amended timetable with replacement bus services. As a result journey times will be considerably longer than usual.
Chiltern Railways services will operate train services as follows (in both directions) :
- 1 train per hour from Marylebone to Bicester North, Banbury and stations to Birmingham Moor Street (diverted via Aylesbury).
- 1 train per hour from Gerrards Cross to stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 trains per hour from Gerrards Cross to stations to Oxford.
- A periodic service from Leamington Spa to stations to Stratford Upon Avon.
- A periodic service from Leamington Spa to stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 trains per hour from Marylebone to Aylesbury Vale Parkway (via Amersham).
- 1 train per hour from Marylebone to Aylesbury (via Amersham).
Rail Replacement bus services will operate as follows (in both directions):
- 2 buses per hour from Aylesbury Vale Parkway to Bicester Village.
- 2 buses per hour from High Wycombe to Amersham.
- 3 buses per hour from Gerrards Cross t0 stations to Hillingdon/West Ruislip (London Underground connections).
- 1 bus per hour from Princes Risborough to stations to Aylesbury.
Train and rail replacement bus times for Sunday 9th June 2019 can be found at the following links :
There will also be disruption to late night services, after 11.20pm, from Monday 10th June 2019 to Wednesday 12th June 2019 affecting services between Marylebone and stations to Banbury and Oxford via High Wycombe. Journeys will be subject to alteration and a rail replacement bus will be in operation for all or part of the journey.
Further information on upcoming engineering work can be found on the Chiltern Railways website.