Seventeen employees who have each worked for Buckinghamshire County Council for over a quarter of a century have been rewarded for their long service.
Twelve of the staff attended a ceremony hosted in Judges Lodgings by County Council Chairman, Brian Roberts on Friday 7th June 2019.
The seventeen staff who received awards work across a range of areas including the registration service, adult social care, adult learning and schools. The staff who received awards were:
- Ann Boland, Reablement Worker
- Julie Branch, The Buckingham School
- Sue Buckley, Ceremonies Registrar
- Angela Cousins, Office Receptionist, Bearbrook Combined School & Pre-School
- Fay Ewing, Area Manager
- Anne Fish, Registration Technical Officer, Ceremonies Registrar
- Alan Forstad, Adult Learning Tutor
- Carole Fraser, Head of Art & Photography, The Buckingham School
- Sue Hyland, Information Management Business Partner
- Christine Jones, Registrar
- Suzanne Kennedy, Teacher, St Edwards Catholic School
- Julie Lee, Adult Learning Assistant
- Gill Little, North Marston Church of England School
- Vanessa Ort, Teaching Assistant, Westcott Church of England School
- Christine Stephenson, Principal, The Vale Federation
- Rita Sumner, Midday Supervisor, Manor Farm Community School
- Brenda Tidd, Cleaner, Prestwood Junior School
Chief Executive Rachel Shimmin welcomed the staff and their guests at the reception. Citations for each of the award winners were read by Gill Quinton, Executive Director of Communities, Health and Adult Social Care and Tolis Vouyioukas, Executive Director of Children’s Services. The staff were then presented with their award certificates by the Chairman, Brian Roberts.
Speaking after the event Brian Roberts said: ‘On behalf of the whole council I would like to express a heartfelt thank you to all those here today as well as those who were unable to attend. Listening to the citations that have been read out it is clear that each and every one of you has dedicated a large part of your life to working for the county council and supporting our residents in all manner of different ways.
Not only that but you have done it with professionalism and dedication, you should all be very proud. So once again, congratulations and thank you all.‘