Web Analytics

Candle causes fire in living room of house in High Wycombe

| June 11, 2019

A candle is believed to have caused a fire in a house in Conifer Rise, High Wycombe during the early hours of Tuesday 11th June 2019.

The fire, which broke out in the living room of a two storey mid terrace house, is believed to have been caused caused by candle on sideboard.

The three occupants of the property were alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm and called 999 after leaving the house. Damage caused by the fire was restricted to the living room because the door to the room had been shut as part of the occupants night time routine.

Firefighters were called to the incident at 1.10am. Two fire appliances with crews attended from High Wycombe fire station.

A hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a fan were used during the operation to extinguish the fire.

Comments are closed.