The railway line between High Wycombe and London Marylebone will be closed all day on Sunday 22nd September 2019.
The closure is to allow Network Rail engineering works by Network Rail and HS2 preparation works at West Ruislip.
As a result the line through Beaconsfield will closed all day and a heavily amended timetable will operate on all routes served by Chiltern Railways routes, it is expected that most journeys will be affected as a result of the engineering work and journey times will be considerably longer than usual.
Due to the line closure passengers may need to travel via alternative routes or by using services provided by other operators, London Underground services and/or rail replacement bus services.
On Sunday 22nd September 2019 Chiltern Railways train services will operate as follows (in both directions) :
- 1 train per hour from Marylebone to Bicester North, Banbury and stations to Birmingham Moor Street (diverted via Aylesbury).
- 1 train per hour from High Wycombe to stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 trains per hour from High Wycombe to stations to Oxford.
- Periodic service to Leamington Spa and stations to Stratford Upon Avon.
- Periodic service to Leamington Spa and stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 trains per hour from Marylebone to Aylesbury Vale Parkway (via Amersham).
- 1 train per hour from Marylebone to Aylesbury (via Amersham).
Rail Replacement bus services will operate as follows (in both directions) :
- 2 per hour from Aylesbury Vale Parkway to Bicester Village.
- 2 per hour from High Wycombe to Amersham.
- 4 per hour from High Wycombe to stations to Hillingdon/West Ruislip (London Underground connections).
- 1 per hour from Princes Risborough to stations to Aylesbury.
Further information is available on the Chiltern Railways website.
*Source of article : Chiltern Railways website, ‘Changes to Train Times’.