A series of drop-in sessions to help households in Buckinghamshire save money on their energy bills.
The sessions are being run to coincide with Big Energy Saving Week which runs from Monday 20th to Sunday 26th January 2020
Energy Champion Samantha Hardy from Community Impact Bucks will be running the drop-in sessions across Buckinghamshire to help people take control of their energy usage, reduce their household bills and make sure they’re getting the best deal.
The drop-in sessions in High Wycombe will all take place at Wycombe Library, 5 Eden Place, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2DH. The dates and time of the sessions are as follows :
- Tuesday 21st January 2020 from 11.00am to 2.00pm.
- Wednesday 22nd January 2020 from 11.00am to 2.00pm.
- Friday 24th January 2020 from 11.00am to 2.00pm.
A session will also take place in Aylesbury on Thursday 23rd January 2020 from 11.00 to 2,00pm at the Aylesbury Community Workshop, Old HSBC Bank, 2 Walton Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 7ST.
People are being encouraged to take a look and see how small changes can make a big difference. The following four changes could together potentially save households £100 per year and help cut carbon emissions:
- Turning your thermostat down by one degree.
- Changing all your light bulbs to LEDs.
- Turning appliances off rather than keeping them on standby.
- Only using the right amount of water in your kettle.
*Source of article : Press release from Community Impact Bucks.