Week commencing Monday 10th August 2020 the following bus stop suspensions and service diversions are expected to affect bus services in Buckinghamshire.
Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic there are a number of changes to Bus Services in Buckinghamshire. Details of affected services and revised timetables can be found on the Buckinghamshire Council website.
Whielden Street / Whielden Lane, Amersham : Monday 18th May 2020 to Monday 31st August 2020. Due to a road closure buses will need to divert via the A413 and Gore Hill and will not serve stops on The Broadway, Whielden Street or the Hospital stops on Whielden Lane. For passengers needing to travel to Amersham Hospital a shuttle bus will operate between Gore Hill and the Hospital meeting 1 / 1A journeys. Please see the Amersham Hospital shuttle timetable for details.
Ivy Lane, Great Brickhill : Monday 6th July 2020 to Friday 25th September 2020. Due to urgent bridge repairs this road will be closed during this period. From Leighton Buzzard, bus route 162 will divert via Stoke Hammond, the A4146 and Galley Lane, entering Great Brickhill from the north, serving stops on Rotten Row and Pound Hill and then turning up Lower Road to resume the journey to Bletchley (and vice versa towards Leighton Buzzard). The ‘Three Locks’ stops will not be served during this time.
Buckingham Road, Bletchley : Monday 6th July 2020 to Monday 7th December 2020. Due to East-West Rail works by the bridge this road will be closed during this period and Z&S Transport route 50 will divert. From Buckingham Road, the buses will travel via Sherwood Drive, Whalley Drive, Rickley Lane, Whaddon Way, Watling Street and Standing Way to rejoin the normal route at Saxon Street (and vice versa). As such this service will not serve Bletchley Bus Station, passengers for here are advised to alight at the ‘Railway Station’ stops on Sherwood Drive and follow the signs to the bus station.
Jason’s Hill, Chesham : Friday 17th July 2020 to Monday 14th September 2020. Due to Affinity Water works this road will be closed during this period. Bus routes 71 and 73 will need to divert via Botley Road, Lye Green Road and Rushmere Lane. The stop on Jason’s Hill will not be served and this will add additional journey time to the route.
Little Horwood Road, Winslow : Monday 20th July 2020 to Wednesday 26th August 2020. Due to East-West Rail works this road will be closed during this period. Due to this and other up and coming works over the next few months Z&S Transport bus route 50 will operate a revised temporary timetable. In Winslow and The Horwoods this will enable the route to serve all stops, but in a slightly different order.
Churchill Avenue, Aylesbury : Wednesday 22nd July 2020 to Friday 4th September 2020. Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire works buses travelling from the town centre will not be able to turn left from the Oxford Road onto Churchill Avenue. Buses from the town centre will divert as follows (please note most journeys towards town will be unaffected):
- Arriva bus route 9 and the evening Star Travel route 5 services will divert via Ellen Road, Alham Road, Lavric Road and Russell Avenue. As such they will miss the ‘Priory’ and ‘Chalgrove Walk’ stops and passengers are advised to use the ‘Hampden Gardens’ stop or the ‘Churchill Avenue’ stop on the Oxford Road.
- Red Rose Travel service 10 will divert via Ellen Road and travel direct to Anton Way and Orwell Drive in Hawkslade before returning to the town centre via the normal route. Passengers for Hannon Road and Churchill Avenue are advised to remain on the bus until after Hawkslade has been served.
- Redline service 11 will divert via Ellen Road and will serve Lavric Road in the opposite direction from normal and travel up Churchill Avenue before resuming normal route at Taylor Road. As such this route will not serve the stops on Hannon Road, Church Square or the ‘Cornbrook Road’ and ‘Welland Road’ stops on Ellen Road.
Maxwell Road, Beaconsfield : Monday 27th July 2020 to Friday 28th August 2020, 8.00am to 4.00pm. Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire works this road will be closed during this period buses will divert as follows:
- Routes 102 and 104 will divert via London Road and will not serve Aylesbury End, Station Road, Maxwell Road or Amersham Road. For these services passengers will need to use the stops on Wycombe End, London End and London Road instead.
- Routes 103 / X103 and 580 after serving the ‘Candlemas Lane’ stops on Station Road these buses will continue up Station Road and Penn Road, before diverting via Ledborough Lane then resuming normal route. Buses will not serve Maxwell Road or Amersham Road stops.
- Routes 377 and 581 will serve Station Road and Aylesbury End as usual before turning back round at the Saracens Head. Buses will not serve Maxwell Road or Amersham Road stops.
Valley Road, Hughenden Valley / High Wycombe : Monday 10th to Thursday 13th August 2020, 7.00pm to 6.00am. Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire works this road will be closed on these nights between Hughenden Avenue and Cryers Hill. As such evening 300 buses will divert via the A40 West Wycombe Road, the A4010 and Bradenham Wood Lane and will not serve stops on Hughenden Road, Hughenden Valley, Naphill or Main Road, Walter’s Ash.
Fulmer Road, Gerrards Cross : Monday 10th to Friday 28th August 2020. Due to utility works in the vicinity this road will be closed during this period. Bus route 104 will divert via Windsor Road and Fulmer Drive and will not serve the stops on the Oxford Road or the ‘Gaviots Green’, ‘St Huberts’ or ‘Fulmer Drive’ stops on Fulmer Road.
Plomer Hill, High Wycombe : Friday 14th to Wednesday 19th August 2020, 7.00pm to 6.00am. Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire works this road will be closed and bus route 30 will need to divert on these evenings. From the Pastures the buses will take the turn up Tinkers Wood Lane and serve the loop in reverse as far as High Street. Then they will divert via Plomer Green Lane and left onto Littleworth Road, resuming the normal route back to High Wycombe. As such stops on Plomer Green Avenue and Gray’s Lane will be missed.
Twyford to Marsh Gibbon Road, Poundon : Friday 14th to Friday 28th August 2020. Due to East-West Rail and Anglian Water works this road will be closed during this period. Routes 16 and 18 will run as normal to ‘The Crown’ stops in Twyford then turn back round and travel to Marsh Gibbon via Main Street Calvert. As the ‘Manor House’ stops in Twyford and the two stops in Poundon will not be served during this period.
Bus Stop Suspensions
Britwell Road, Burnham : Monday 10th to Friday 21st August 2020. Due to construction works in the vicinity the two ‘Fairfield Road’ stops will be suspended during this period. Passengers are advised to use the stops on Gore Road instead.
A41, Aston Clinton Road, Aylesbury : Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th August 2020. Due to works in the vicinity the two ‘Aston Clinton Road’ stops nearest the bypass roundabout will be suspended on these days. Passengers are advised to use the ‘Peugeot Garage’ stops instead.
Ballinger Road, Ballinger : Thursday 13th and Friday 14th August 2020. Due to HS2 works the two ‘Blackthorne Lane’ stops will be suspended on these days. Passengers are advised to use the ‘Chiltern Road’ stops, further along Ballinger Road, instead.
Totteridge Road, High Wycombe : Friday 14th to Thursday 20th August 2020. Due to electric works in the vicinity the ‘Bowerdean Crossroads’ stop for journeys towards the town centre, will be suspended on these days. Passengers are advised to use the ‘Lucas Road’ stop, further along Totteridge Road, instead.
*Source of information : Buckinghamshire Council.