Household Recycling Centres in Buckinghamshire change to winter opening hours from Thursday 1st October 2020
The nine Household Recycling Centres operated by Buckinghamshire Council switch to winter opening hours on Thursday 1st October 2020.
From Thursday 1st October 2020 the opening hours will be 9.00am to 4.00pm however the days of the week on which the sites open does not change.
The sites at Amersham, Aston Clinton, Beaconsfield, Buckingham, High Wycombe and Langley are open every day while the sites at Aylesbury (Rabans Lane), Burnham and Chesham close on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Bill Chapple OBE, Buckinghamshire Council’s Cabinet Member for Environment & Climate Change, said: ‘Despite the additional safety precautions that are in place due to coronavirus, Buckinghamshire’s household recycling centres continue to offer a comprehensive service for residents with the usual opening hours. The switch to winter hours – 9am to 4pm – happens every year on 1 October as the sites get quieter and the evenings get darker.‘
Additional rules continue to apply at the recycling centres to keep everyone as safe as possible during coronavirus:
- Only visit if you cannot use another disposal method such as the kerbside service.
- Bring proof of address. Only residents who pay council tax to Buckinghamshire Council can use the sites. Slough Borough Council residents are able to use Langley and Burnham sites only.
- Please don’t arrive before the sites open.
- Remember social distancing measures are now in place, this also means no assistance for unloading can be provided.
- Only allow one person out of the vehicle whilst on site.
- Come back another time if the site is busy. Long queues can cause traffic and block access to homes and businesses.
Further information on the Household Recycling Centres operated by Buckinghamshire Council can be found on the Buckinghamshire Council website.
*Source of article : Press release from Buckinghamshire Council.