Web Analytics

Fire broke out in an outbuilding at a property in High Wycombe

| December 1, 2020

Fire broke out in a outbuilding at a property in High Wycombe around midday on Monday 30th November 2020.

At 12.09pm firefighters were called to the incident in Micklefield Road. Two fire appliances with crews attended from High Wycombe fire station. An officer also attended.

Two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, covering jet, thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan were used but the firefighters during the operation to extinguish the fire.

The outbuilding was 100% damaged by smoke and around 80% damaged by fire. An adjoining house also suffered fire and smoke damage.

A woman escaped through a first floor window of the house. The woman was not injured.

The firefighters carried out a Fire and Wellness Visit and put up a smoke detector and a heat alarm.

The fire is believed to have started in a tumble dryer in the outbuilding.

*Source of article : Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service ‘Incident Updates’.

Advertisement (Links to external site) :

Advertisement (Links to external site) :

Comments are closed.