Buckinghamshire is to enter Tier 4 local Coronavirus restrictions from Sunday 20th December 2020.
The Government has announced that Buckinghamshire must move into Tier 4 local Coronavirus restrictions from 00.01am on Sunday 20th December 2020. The newly created Tier 4 is the very highest level of coronavirus restrictions in England.
Buckinghamshire will be joining the following areas all of which have been moved into Tier 4:
- Surrey (excluding Waverley)
- The boroughs of Gosport, Havant, Portsmouth, Rother and Hastings
- All 32 London boroughs and the city of London.
- Central Bedfordshire
- Milton Keynes
- Essex (excluding Colchester, Uttlesford and Tendring)
The main restrictions of Tier 4 include:
- People must stay at home (even for Christmas) however anyone who has to travel for education or work may continue to do so.
- All non-essential retail must shut together with hairdressers, nail bars and indoor entertainment venues.
- People can only meet one other person from outside their household in an open public space.
- Support bubbles remain unaffected as well as the exemptions for separated parents and their children.
- People in Tier 4 areas are not allowed to join Christmas Day bubbles with anyone in Tiers 1 to 3.
The Tier 4 restrictions have been introduced following the discovery of a new strain of Covid-19 which is believed to be most prevalent in London and the South East of England.