A mercury spill required the attention of fire fighters on the afternoon of Monday 10th May 2021.
At 2.04pm firefighters were called to the incident at a property in King Street, Piddington. Two fire appliances with crews attended from High Wycombe fire station. Two officers also attended.
The mercury, from a thermometer, had been spilt in a kitchen sink.
Using two sets of breathing apparatus the firefighters contained the mercury in a spill kit and ventilated the area. Before leaving the scene the fire fighters gave advice.
*Source of article : Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service ‘Incident Updates’.