Household Recycling Centres in Buckinghamshire switch to winter opening hours on Friday 1st October 2021
The nine Household Recycling Centres in Buckinghamshire are to switch to winter opening hours from Friday 1st October 2021.
The winter opening hours will be 9.00am to 4.00pm however the Household Recycling Centres will open the same days as normal, it’s only the opening hours that are changing due to the number of visits to the centres tailing off after 4.00pm as the evenings get darker.
Peter Strachan, Cabinet Member for Environment and Climate Change at Buckinghamshire Council, said: ‘The switch to winter hours, 9am to 4pm, happens every year on 1 October as the sites get quieter and the evenings get darker. However, our household recycling centres will continue to offer a comprehensive service for residents within the revised opening hours.
You don’t need to book a slot to visit the centres, but I recommend that you check our live webcams before setting off: www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/bin-collection-recycling-and-waste/recycle-household-waste.‘
The Household Recycling Centers are open on the following days:
- Amersham, Aston Clinton, Beaconsfield, Buckingham, High Wycombe and Langley : Open every day.
- Aylesbury (Rabans Lane), Burnham and Chesham : Open five days a week, closing on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
When visiting a site Buckinghamshire Council advise to:
- Check the webcams online to see how busy the site is and for the quieter times to visit.
- Bring proof of address. Only residents who pay council tax to Buckinghamshire Council can use the sites. (Slough Borough Council residents are able to use Langley and Burnham sites only.)
- Come back another time if the site is busy. Long queues can cause traffic and block access to homes and businesses.
- If possible, wear a mask or face covering when outside your vehicle.
Further information, including what waste the centres do and don’t accept, can be found on the Household Recycling Centres page of the Buckinghamshire Council website.
*Source of article : Press release from Buckinghamshire Council.