Health on the Move van delivering more vaccinations across Buckinghamshire from Saturday 20th to Saturday 27th November 2021
The Health on the Move van will bring more COVID-19 vaccinations and booster jabs to Buckinghamshire from Saturday 20th to Saturday 27th November 2021.
The mobile clinic due to visit Gerrards Cross, Aylesbury, Wingrave, Chesham, High Wycombe and Buckingham.
If you are eligible for a booster vaccination but have not yet had one now is the time, the Health on the Move van makes getting your jab as convenient as possible. It has delivered more than 1600 doses of the vaccine across Bucks in the last four months.
If you have not yet had your first or second vaccination dose, this evergreen offer remains open and you are welcome to visit the van.
These drop-in mobile clinics will be offering doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
Please remember – NHS guidance is to leave a gap of at least eight weeks between first and second vaccination doses and if you are eligible for a booster you must leave six months (182 days) between your second dose and your booster vaccination.
The van, which is run by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, will be at these locations:
- Saturday 20th November 2021, 10.00am to 3.00pm : Tesco Gerrards Cross, Packhorse Road, SL9 8ER
- Sunday 21st November 2021, 10.00am to 3.00pm : The Dairy Maid, Dunsham Lane, Aylesbury, HP20 2ER
- Monday 22nd November 2021, 10.00am to 12.30pm : Wingbury Courtyard Business Village, Wingrave, HP22 4LW
- Monday 22nd November 2021, 2.00pm to 4.30pm : Wingrave Community Centre, Church Street, Wingrave, HP22 4PE
- Wednesday 24th November 2021, 10.00am to 3.00pm : Chesham Market, High Street, HP5 1BW
- Thursday 25th November 2021, 10.00am to 3.00pm : Cornmarket, Church Square, High Wycombe, HP11 2BN
- Friday 26th November 2021, 10.00am to 3.00pm : Tesco Gerrards Cross, Packhorse Road, SL9 8ER
- Saturday 27th November, 2021 10.00am to 3.00pm : Tesco Buckingham, MK18 1AB
Please note all dates and venues may be subject to last minute scheduling changes, so please check the Health on the Move Van page of the Buckinghamshire Clinical Commission Group website for the latest updates.
The van will be back in Buckinghamshire the following week and details of times and locations will be confirmed on the website above.
If you have not yet had your booster or your first or second vaccination and cannot, or are not eligible to, attend any of the mobile drop-in clinics, you can instead book your appointment at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination / or call 119 for free.
Appointments are now available for anyone aged 16+ and healthy 12 to 15 year olds can also get vaccinated by booking online or attending a walk-in clinic without appointment.
You can find out the latest updates on walk-in vaccination clinics in Buckinghamshire which are now vaccinating young people aged 16 to 17 and 12 to 15 year olds by visiting the Local Covid-19 vaccination updates page of the Buckinghamshire Clinical Commission Group website for the latest updates.
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) recommends that the booster dose of the coronavirus vaccine is offered to:
- Those living in residential care homes for older adults.
- Frontline health and social care workers.
- All adults aged 50 years or over.
- Adults aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe coronavirus.
- Adult carers (aged 16 or over).
- Household contacts (aged 16 or over) of immunosuppressed individuals.
Adults aged 40 and over can book their appointments using the National Booking System (available on the NHS website) from Monday 22nd November 2021.
*Source of information : Press release from the Integrated Care Partnership (ICP)