A barn in Great Kimble was severely damaged by a large fire on the evening of Tuesday 22nd November 2022.
At 8.04pm firefighters were called to the incident in Lower Icknield Way, Great Kimble.
At the height of the incident seven fire appliances with crew were in attendance as well as one officer. The fire appliances at the scene were from the following fire stations:
- One appliance from High Wycombe fire station.
- One appliance Winslow fire station.
- Two appliances West Ashland fire station.
- Two appliances from Oxfordshire.
- One water carrier.
The barn was 100% damaged by the fire. During the operation to extinguish the fire the firefighters used:
- Four sets of breathing apparatus.
- Two main hose reel jets.
- Two hose reel jets.
- A water carrier, along with two other appliances used to shuttle water.
An extended hose reel was used located in a neighbouring property due to suspected asbestos roof of the burnt barn. The Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service Hazardous Materials Officer was consulted and the UK Health Safety Agency informed.
*Source of article : Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service ‘Incident Updates’.