Ten men were arrested on Tuesday 2nd September 2014 after a series of warrants were executed in Aylesbury and other Buckinghamshire towns this morning relating to child sexual exploitation.
Around 120 officers executed warrants at eleven properties from 7.00am. Seven warrants were carried out in Aylesbury, one in Milton Keynes, one in Buckingham, one in Chesham and one in Hayes, Middlesex.
A number of other addresses in Aylesbury were visited.
Ten men are currently in police custody:
- 32-year-old man from Aylesbury
- 45-year-old man from Aylesbury
- 34-year-old man from Aylesbury
- 32-year-old man from Milton Keynes
- 31-year-old man from Aylesbury
- 35-year-old man from Buckingham
- 40-year-old man from Aylesbury
- 35-year-old man from Aylesbury
- 28-year-old man from Aylesbury
- 40-year-old man from Hayes, Middlesex
Another man was arrested by Immigration authorities on suspicion of an immigration offence.
Aylesbury Vale LPA Commander A/Supt Olly Wright said: ‘We have now arrested a total of ten men as part of a series of warrants this morning and all of them are currently in police custody.
I want to thank the community of Aylesbury and the other affected towns for their continued patience this morning and apologise for any inconvenience which may have been caused.
Child sexual exploitation is an issue which we take extremely seriously and I want to reassure the community that these allegations are being thoroughly investigated.
If you have been a victim of this type of crime, know anyone who has, or have information, please don’t hesitate to call 101.‘