Two teenagers have each been sentenced to three years’ imprisonment after being convicted of a number of sexual offences.
An 18 year old man of Malpass Street, Oldham was convicted by a jury at Oxford Crown Court on 8th August 2014 of :
- One count of sexual activity with a child aged 14
- Two counts of sexual activity with a child aged 15
He was sentenced at the same court on 22nd September 2014 to three years’ imprisonment.
A 17-year-old from Cambridgeshire, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was also sentenced to three years’ imprisonment at the same court after pleading guilty to :
- One count of rape of a child under 13
- Four counts of sexual activity with a child aged 14
- Two counts of sexual activity with a child aged 14
- One count of sexual activity with a child aged 13
The teenagers were arrested by police in June 2013.
These convictions relate to incidents involving seven female victims who lived in High Wycombe and Chesham between 2009 and 2012.
Investigating officer, Det Sgt Sally Spencer from High Wycombe Force CID said: ‘I would once again like to take this opportunity to thank all those who attended court as either a complainant or witness and for the courage they showed in speaking out against this behaviour. We take every single report of sexual offences seriously and I urge anyone who has been a victim to contact us. We will take you seriously and we will do everything to help you and bring the offenders to justice.’