Fire broke out in the kitchen of a property in White Lodge Close, Marlow Bottom during the late evening of Thursday 11th February 2016.
Firefighters were called at 8.19pm. One fire appliance with crew attended from Marlow fire station as well as two from High Wycombe fire station. Two officers were also in attendance.
Two hose reels, four sets of breathing apparatus and a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan were used during the operation to extinguish the fire.
The firefighters rescued a man and woman who were suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke. They gave them oxygen and left them in the care of South Central Ambulance Service.