The eighteenth season of the ‘Music in Quiet Places’ series of classical concerts will make a much-anticipated return to Aylesbury Vale during May and June 2016.
Once again the concerts will be directed by internationally renowned musician and conductor, Robert Secret, who will bring a varied programme of seven different concerts to churches in rural communities across Buckinghamshire.
The musical fare will include pieces by Haydn, Brahms, Dvorak, Handel, Mozart, Brahms, Bach, Purcell, Corelli and Schubert all performed in idyllic settings by world-class professional musicians.
Dates and locations of the events are as follows:
- Saturday 7th May 2016 : The Church of St Peter & St Paul, Wingrave.
- Saturday 14th May 2016 : The Church of St Mary & St Nicholas, Chetwode.
- Saturday 21st May 2106 : The Church of All Saints, Marsworth.
- Saturday 28th May 2016 : The Church of St Michael and All Angels, Waddesdon.
- Saturday 4th June 2016 : The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Thornborough.
- Saturday 11th June: 2016 : The Church of St John the Baptist, Preston Bissett.
- Saturday 18th June 2016 : The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Mursley.
All the events will begin at 7.30pm and each concert will be preceded by a walk around the village which will be led by a local historian.
Further information on this year’s ‘Music in Quiet Places’ concerts, including a downloadable brochure can be found at www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/music-quiet-places.