Local healthcare superstars celebrated at 12th annual Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust staff awards
The 12th annual Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust staff awards were held at the Gateway in Aylesbury on Friday 11th November 2016.
During the ceremony individuals and teams were recognised for going above and beyond in delivering safe and compassionate care for patients both in hospitals and in community settings.
For their outstanding contributions to the Trust over many years Lifetime Achievement Awards were presented to :
- Dr Christopher Wathen, consultant, Respiratory Medicine.
- Felicity Ashworth, consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Dr Graz Luzzi, consultant Sexual Health.
This year the awards reflected the Trust’s new corporate CARE values with staff recognised for demonstrating collaboration, aspiration, respect and for enabling others.
A special CARE excellence award presented to Ward 4 at Stoke Mandeville Hospital by Neil Dardis and Trust Chair Hattie Llewelyn-Davies for truly embracing these values in their daily work.
Ward 11 at Stoke Mandeville Hospital won the Healthcare Team of the Year Award. The ward is a specialist burns unit and all staff on the ward work in harmony to achieve the best possible outcome for their patients.
Physiotherapist Catherine Lingard was awarded the Patient Choice Award. Carole Harris, the patient who nominated her, was there on Friday to present Catherine with the award describing Catherine as: ‘The most professional, understanding and knowledgeable physio I have ever encountered. She worked with me to regain the lifestyle I had before injury. She is an asset to the physiotherapy team and the NHS.‘
Sally Scott, Matron at the ICU at Stoke Mandeville Hospital received the Outstanding Contribution Award for always going above and beyond in her role as matron and leader of the Trust’s large ITU team.
Neil Dardis, Chief executive of the Trust commented: ‘The annual staff awards are a fantastic opportunity to recognise the work and dedication of staff and volunteers at the Trust. We have around 6,000 employed staff and a devoted team of volunteers who have an unfaltering commitment to delivering safe and compassionate care to our patients in Buckinghamshire.‘
The award winners were:
- CEO Award for Leadership : Karon Hart, healthier lifestyles and wellbeing manager.
- Care award for Collaboration : Medicine for older people community hospitals ward Sisters.
- Care Award for Aspiration : SALT Acute Team.
- Care Award for Respect : Olivia Skelnar, physiotherapist sports therapist.
- Care Award for Enable : Dr Sue Cullen, consultant gastroenterologist.
- Healthcare Team of the Year Award : Ward 11, Burns (Stoke Mandeville Hospital).
- Outstanding Contribution Award : Sally Scott, matron ICU.
- Support Services Ambassador Award : Sean Mitchell, deputy security manager.
- Volunteer of the Year Award : Denis Varley and John Dablin.
- Patient Choice Award : Catherine Lingard, physiotherapist.
- Care Excellence Award : Ward 4, Respiratory (Stoke Mandeville Hospital).
The event was made possible thanks to the Charitable Funds Committee and Sodexo & Enterprise Healthcare.