Web Analytics

Cyclist left dying in the road following fail to stop collision in High Wycombe

| January 18, 2017

A 28 year old cyclist was left dying in the road following a fatal fail-to-stop collision in Micklefield on Monday 16th January 2017.

At around 11.40pm the cyclist, a 28 year old man from High Wycombe, was travelling downhill in Hicks Farm Rise, High Wycombe when he was involved in a collision with a black car travelling in the opposite direction up the hill. Sadly the cyclist died at the scene, his next of kin has been informed.

The black car failed to stop at the scene and continued driving towards Totteridge Lane. It is believed the black car was travelling in convoy with a silver car which also left the scene.

Sgt Beth Walton, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: ‘We are continuing to appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision or who saw the vehicles travelling in the area at around the time of the collision. People may have seen a black car with significant damage following the collision so I would also like to speak to anyone who saw this vehicle.

We are working to trace the occupants of both the black car and the silver car which we believe were involved. If you were travelling in either of these vehicles I would ask you to come forward and speak to police.

This is a tragic incident in which a young man was left dying in the road. Our investigation in to this incident is continuing to establish the circumstances and our thoughts remain with the family of the victim.

Thames Valley Police are appealing for anyone with any information about the incident to call the 24-hour Thames Valley Police enquiry centre on 101.

If you do not want to speak directly to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.

On Tuesday 17th January 2017 two men aged 27 and 25, both from High Wycombe, were arrested by police on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. Both men were bailed until Saturday 18th March 2016.

On Wednesday 18th January 2018 police arrested a 26 year old woman from High Wycombe on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.

Comments are closed.