Fire broke out in the kitchen of a flat in Crest Road, High Wycombe during the evening of Saturday 21st January 2017.
Firefighters were called to the incident at 6.54pm. Two fire appliances with crews attended from High Wycombe fire station as well as one from Beaconsfield fire station. An officer also attended.
A hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan were used during the operation to extinguish the fire.
A man who was suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke was treated by paramedics.