Web Analytics

Man sentenced to prison for robbery at a petrol station forecourt in High Wycombe

| August 24, 2017

Morrisons petrol station, High Wycombe.

A man has been sentenced to prison for a robbery that occurred at a petrol station forecourt in High Wycombe.

On Wednesday 23rd August 2017 a 32 year old man, of no fixed abode, appeared at Aylesbury Crown Court in connection with the offence which took place on the forecourt at Morrison’s petrol station on Bellfield Road in July 2017.

On Sunday 9th July 2017, at around 2.30pm, a woman parked her blue Fiat 500 on the forecourt of the petrol station to fill the tyres of her car with air. As she did so a man got into her car.

The victim struggled with the man before he drove her car off at speed with the victim still holding on to the open door of her car. As a result the victim was dragged across the petrol station forecourt as the vehicle was driven off sustaining cuts and bruises.

The 32 year old man  was arrested on Sunday 16th July 2017 and remained in police custody until he was charged and remanded by High Wycombe Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday 18th July 2017.

As the investigation into the incident progressed the police subsequently found and recovered the victim’s vehicle from the Portsmouth area on Tuesday 18th July 2017.

On Tuesday 15th August 2017, at Aylesbury Crown Court, the 32 year old man pleaded guilty. When appearing in court again on Wednesday 23rd August 2017, he he was issued with a custodial sentence of four years and six months. In addition, he was sentenced to a further 12 months to run consecutively for fraud and theft offences, whereby he fraudulently obtained £7,250 in cash from a relatives credit card and also stole £8,000 worth of jewellery and electrical items from their house in High Wycombe between May and July 2016.

The 32 year old man also received a two year custodial sentence to run concurrently for driving whilst disqualified and had his disqualification period extended by 33 months.

This totals a five year and six month custodial sentence with a 33 month disqualification period.

Following the sentencing, investigating officer Detective Sergeant James Faulkner, based at High Wycombe Police station, said: ‘[The man’s] actions on this day were extremely reckless and could have resulted in serious injury to the victim and onlookers as he drove.

In addition to this, he had also been fraudulently obtaining money and stealing from a relative. The sentence ensures he is now brought to justice for all of his offences.

I would like to express my gratitude toward the victims and the witnesses who have come forward to assist with this investigation. In particular the courage of his relative, so we could thoroughly investigate his offences.

Comments are closed.