Web Analytics

House caught fire in Amersham

| October 31, 2018

A house caught fire in Shortway, Amersham during the afternoon of Wednesday 31st October 2018.

Firefighters were called to the incident at 2.05pm. One fire appliance with crew attended from Amersham fire station as well as one from Gerrards Cross fire station. An officer also attended.

Two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan were used during the operation to extinguish the fire.

The firefighters rescued a male dog which was uninjured.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been a laptop left plugged in and on a leather sofa.

Comments are closed.