Public consultation launched on improvements to the Westhorpe Interchange near the Globe Business Park in Marlow
A public consultation has been launched on highway improvements to the Westhorpe Interchange near the Globe Business Park in Marlow.
The consultation opened on Monday 7th January 2019 and will last for four weeks until midnight on Friday 1st February 2019. Businesses on the Globe Business Park are being consulted on three coordinated upgrades to the interchange including :
- Traffic signals on the Westhorpe Interchange (the roundabout that takes the A4155 over the A404).
- A new bespoke slip road from the A404 onto Parkway (around the Fire Station).
- An additional access/exit to the park from the A4155.
The three measures have been chosen from a long list of options developed over the past year and offer a coordinated approach to improve the situation.
The options being consulted on have been developed by partners on a steering group made up of members from :
- Globe Business Park Business Improvement District (coordinator)
- Buckinghamshire County Council (as Highways Authority and part funder of scheme)
- Wycombe District Council (part funder of scheme)
- Buckinghamshire Thames Valley Local Enterprise Partnership (completed bid for Highways England money under the Growth and Housing Fund and contribution from Growing Places Fund)
- Little Marlow Parish Council
- Marlow Town Council
- Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue
The improvement scheme will be funded from Highways England (£1.18m) with additional money from the Buckinghamshire Thames Valley Local Enterprise Partnership (£63k), Buckinghamshire County Council (£250k) and Wycombe District Council (£250k) making a total pot of £1.74m.
The consultation is targeted at businesses on the park as they have been the voice behind the need for the scheme, however it is likely that residents close to the Globe Business Park and further afield in the town will be interested and may wish to comment too. Their feedback is welcomed.
As well as the consultation there will be a series of drop in events as follows :
- Tuesday 8th January 2019, 11.00am to 2.00pm : Coopers Cafe, Fieldhouse Lane, SL7 1LW.
- Wednesday 9th January 2019, 10.00am to 1.00pm : Cafe Globe, Fieldhouse Way, SL7 1HZ.
- Thursday 10th January 2019, 2.00pm to 5.00pm : Marlow Town Council, Pound Lane, SL7 2AG.
- Friday 11th January 2019, 4.00pm to 7.00pm : Little Marlow Parish Council, The Pavilion, Church Road, SL7 3RS.
- Monday 28th January 2019, 10.00am to 1.00pm : Coopers Cafe, Fieldouse Lane, SL7 1WL.
- Tuesday 29th January 2019, time To Be Confirmed : Location To Be Confirmed..
- Wednesday 30th January 2019, 10.00am to 1.00pm : Cafe Globe, Fieldhouse Way, SL7 1HZ.
- Thursday 31st January 2019, 4.00pm to 7.00pm : Little Marlow Parish Council, The Pavilion, Church Road, SL7 3RS.
- Friday 1st February 2019, 10.00am to 1.00pm : Marlow Town Council, Pound Lane, SL7 2AG.
The Westhorpe Interchange Upgrade Survey can be completed at the following link : https://goo.gl/forms/imjvwnWmfceVbtoR2.
Further information can be found on the Globe Business Park website.