Web Analytics

Bonfire caused a gas main to rupture in Chesham

| October 18, 2019

A bonfire caused a gas main to rupture in Chesham during the afternoon of Thursday 17th October 2019.

At 1.56 firefighters were called to the incident in Higham Road, Chesham. One fire appliance with crew attended from Amersham fire station as well as one from High Wycombe fire station. An officer also attended.

Officers from Thames Valley Police also attended the scene.

The road was closed and a cordon set up while the firefighters brought the situation under control.

A hose reel was used to control the burning and protect the surrounding area until the gas supply was isolated.

The Tweet below, from the Bucks and MK Fire Official Twitter page shows the scene :

*Source of article : Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service ‘Latest Incidents’ and Bucks and MK Fire Twitter page.

Comments are closed.