Week commencing Monday 9th December 2019 the following bus stop suspensions and service diversions are expected to affect bus services in Buckinghamshire.
Link Road, Great Missenden : Monday 14th October 2019 to Saturday 29th February 2020. Due to works on behalf of the HS2 project this road will be closed in the westbound towards Great Missenden Station, as such the bus stop outside the Library will not be served and passengers will need to use the stops on the High Street instead.
Chapmans Crescent, Chesham : Wednesday 20th November 2019 to Friday 20th December 2019. Due to some urgent repair works this road will be closed and bus route 77 will need to divert, by turning at Poles Hill. Passengers from Chapmans Crescent are advised to wait on the Hail and Ride section on Darvell Drive instead.
Ickford Road, Shabbington : Wednesday 27th November 2019 to Monday 9th December 2019, (except weekends) 7.30am to 4.30pm. This road will be closed for Transport for Buckinghamshire works and the 110 service will run to a different timetable at these times buses will divert after serving Long Crendon to Worminghall via Oakley and will then serve Ickford turning at Ickford village to return the same way. Passengers are advised that the stops in Shabbington will not be served between these times.
Pond Park, Chesham : Monday 2nd to Monday 9th December 2019, 7.00am to 7.00pm. Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire works Addison Road will be closed on these days and bus routes 1 / 1A and 78 will need to divert as follows:
- Route 1 / 1A : After serving the ‘Hope Church’ stops on Upper Belmont Road the buses will divert via Greenway and Vale Road before resuming their normal route. As such they will not serve the stops on Addison Road, Lansdowne Road, Lyndhurst Road or the ‘Windsor Road’ stop on Upper Belmont Road.
- Route 78 : After serving the ‘Hope Church’ stops on Upper Belmont Road the 78 buses will divert via Upper Belmont Road, Lyndhurst Road and Lynton Road and vice versa.
- As such they will not serve the stops on Addison Road, Lansdowne Road and Greenway. The stops on Lynton Road will be served in the opposite direction than usual, so please wait on the opposite side of the road for services to Chesham town centre.
Twyford Road, Poundon : Monday 9th December 2019, 9.30am to 3.00pm. Due to works on behalf of East West Rail this road will be closed and route 16 and 18 buses will need to divert. After serving the ‘Crown’ stops in Twyford the buses will turn round and will travel via Main Street to Marsh Gibbon and vice versa. As such the ‘Pundon Turn’ stops in Poundon and the ‘Manor House’ stops in Twyford will not be served.
A421 Stratford Road, Buckingham : Monday 9th December 2019, 11.00pm to 4.00am. Part of this road will be closed due to Anglian Water works during this night. As such the last X5 journey from Oxford 2230 (arrival at Buckingham High Street 2330) will not serve the Buckingham High Street stop on this night.
Aston Abbotts Road, Weedon : Monday 9th to Thursday 19th December 2019, 7.30am to 4.30pm. Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire works this road will be closed between these times. Passengers are advised that Wednesday and Friday services 153 and 154 will not be able serve the stops in Weedon during this period.
High Street / Mentmore Road, Cheddington : Tuesday 10th to Friday 13th December 2019, 9.30am to 3.30pm. Due to Transport for Buckinghamshire works part of this road will be closed. Route 164 buses will need to divert via Ivinghoe and both the 164 and 167 will enter Cheddington via West End Road and Manor Road and turn back round at Barkham Close. As such neither the 164 or the 167 will serve ‘The Green’ stops or High Street stops in Cheddington, passengers are advised to use the stop in Manor Road instead.
Beaconsfield Festival of Lights : Wednesday 11th December 2019, 5.30pm to 9.30pm. Due to this event Station Road will be closed and all buses will divert between these times and will not serve the stops on Aylesbury End, Station Road or Maxwell Road.
- Service 102 & 104 will divert via Wycombe End, London End and London Road and vice versa.
- Service 103, X103 & 580 will divert via Wycombe End, London End, Park Lane and Amersham Road. and vice versa
- Passengers for Service 577 are advised to wait just north of the roundabout on Penn Road near Warwick Road junction and hail clearly for the bus.
Ivinghoe Aston, Ivinghoe : Wednesday 11th to Friday 13th December 2019, 9.30am to 3.30pm. Due to a road closure for Openreach works this road will be closed and bus route 162 will not be able to serve Ivinghoe Aston on these days.
Buckingham Christmas Parade : Saturday 14th December 2019, 10.00am to 2.00pm. Due to this event buses will divert during these times and will not serve the Bus Stand on Buckingham, High Street, Maids Moreton village, all stops on Moreton Road and the ‘Chandos Road’ and ‘Upper School’ stops on London Road between these times. Buses will divert as follows:
- Service 131 / 132 : these routes will not be able to serve High Street, Western Avenue, Overn Avenue, Moreton Road or Maids Moreton.
All 132 journeys will run via the Page Hill Estate.
- Service 60 : after serving the Tesco stops on London Road this route will divert via A421, A413, Bourton Road, Bourtonville and London Road in a one way loop.
- Service X60 : towards Milton Keynes the buses will travel as normal up the London Road as far as Bourtonville then divert via Bourtonville, Bourton Road, A413 and will resume its journey to Milton Keynes at Stratford Road and vice versa.
- Service X5 : will serve the Tesco, London Road stop only.
Bus Stop Suspensions
Totteridge Road, High Wycombe : Tuesday 10th to Thursday 12th December 2019, 7.00pm to 6.00am. Due to Thames Water works in the vicinity both ‘Duke Street’ stops will be suspended on these evenings. Passengers are advised to use the ‘Lucas Road’ stops further along Totteridge Road instead.
A4010, Aylesbury Road, Little Kimble : Tuesday 10th to Friday 20th December 2019, 10.00pm to 6.00am. Due to works in the vicinity both the ‘Railway Station’ stops will be suspended on these nights. Passengers for the late evening route 300 buses (last two journeys) are advised to use the ‘Brookside Lane’ stops instead.
Chesham Road, Bellingdon : Thursday 12th to Saturday 14th December 2019. Due to works on behalf of Affinity Water both ‘The Bull PH’ stops will be suspended on this day. The nearest alternative stops are the ‘Two Gates Lane’ stops.
*Source of information : Buckinghamshire County Council.