Web Analytics

Flat severely damaged by fire in Beaconsfield

| October 10, 2016

Firefighters were called to a flat in Ledborough Lane, Beaconsfield at 1.12pm on Monday 10th October 2016 after fire broke out.

One fire appliance with crew attended from Beaconsfield fire station, one from Amersham fire station as well as one from High Wycombe fire station. An officer also attended the scene.

The flats were evacuated while firefighters tackled the blaze.

Two main jets, a hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan was used during the operation to extinguish the fire.

The flat was severely damaged by fire and smoke however nobody was injured. The fire is believed to have been caused by direct sunlight shining on to a mirror and setting the curtains alight.

Comments are closed.