Plans to develop a new state-of-the-art leisure and community hub to replace the existing Chiltern Pools community centre facilities and youth centre are being considered by Chiltern District Council.
The project is at a conceptual stage at the moment and people are being asked if they agree with the principle of developing a brand new hub serving the whole community.
A consultation is running until Monday 12th December 2016 and people are encouraged to respond to the online survey.
It is proposed that the new facility will be located on the existing leisure centre/community facilities site and provide a range of activities, such as:
- 8-lane 25 metre swimming pool with viewing area.
- Diving/teaching pool alongside a kids’ splash pad area.
- 4 badminton court sports hall.
- Climbing wall.
- Children’s soft play area and clip ‘n’ climb.
- Cafe area.
- Exercise studios including spin.
- 150 station gym.
- Community centre (events/theatre space) & community meeting spaces.
Displays of the outline proposals can be seen at the Chiltern District Council offices in King George V Road, Amersham HP6 5AW as well as online at www.chiltern.gov.uk. Officers will be engaging with the public at local markets, train stations and community events.