Web Analytics

New electric vehicle charging points installed in Aylesbury town centre

| July 13, 2021
Image

EV charging points being installed at Waterside North Car Park in Aylesbury. (Image supplied by Buckinghamshire Council)

Four new Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points have been installed at the Waterside North Car Park in Aylesbury town centre.

Eight EV charging bays are located in front of the new BP Pulse charging points, enabling up to eight EVs to be simultaneously charged. Each charging point delivers 7kWh, which is enough electricity to provide most EVs with around 25 miles of range for every hour they are plugged into one of the charging points.

EV ownership across Buckinghamshire is growing steadily and an increasing number of employers are changing their company cars and vans to electric. As ownership increases, so will the need for more local EV charging point sites.

Cllr. Steven Broadbent, Cabinet Member for Transport at Buckinghamshire Council, said: ‘It’s great to see these new EV charging points being installed in Aylesbury town centre.

As EV adoption continues to ramp up, it’s essential that residents and visitors to the town have access to conveniently-located charging points. These new chargers at Waterside North Car park are perfectly placed to serve people shopping and eating in the town, as well as visitors to Waterside Theatre.

In addition to Aylesbury, we’ve also installed – or are due to install – EV charging points across the county, including in Amersham, Buckingham, Chesham and Marlow.

Buckinghamshire Council has committed to achieve net carbon zero for Buckinghamshire as a whole by 2050, and helping support drivers to transition from petrol and diesel to electrically-powered vehicles is one of the ways they aim to achieve this target.

Buckinghamshire Council was recently awarded £105k grant funding from the Government’s On-Street Residential Chargepoint Scheme. The Scheme provides funding for the installation of electric vehicle (EV) charging points in car parks in residential areas where off-street parking is not available.

The EV charging points installed in Aylesbury (16 in total) were done as part of a match funding model; 75% of the funds were a grant award from the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) following a successful bid; the remaining 25% was matched by the supplier.

*Source of article : Press release from Buckinghamshire Council.

Comments are closed.